What makes our program unique?
- The B.I.S. in HI program is the only interdisciplinary HI program in the U.S. Our students take courses in the Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions, the Robinson College of Business’ Institution of Health Administration and the Computer Information Science Department. This unique structure allows for students to learn from experts in each discipline.
- Our faculty have a blend of research and practice expertise. Many of our faculty currently work full-time or as consultants in various Health Informatics roles. This allows for our faculty to bring current trends and hot topics from industry into the classroom.
- Our curriculum incorporates simulation capstone experiences so that students are able to enter their new careers with hands-on experience in software development life cycle, data analytics and project management.
Alum of our B.I.S program are now working in various Health Informatics roles at the following organizations:
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Cerner Corporation
- Ciox Health
- Clearwave Corporation
- Emory Healthcare
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- North Atlanta Primary Care
- Truven Health Analytics
- VCU Massey Cancer Center
- Weirton (WV) Medical Center