Doctor of Nursing Practice
Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, Education minor
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, magna cum laude
University of Memphis
Dr. Evans is a certified Family and Geriatric Nurse Practitioner with an additional certification in Hospice and Palliative Care. Her clinical practice is in the long term care setting.
Dr. Evans current area of study is reduction of inappropriate antibiotic use in the long term care setting, specifically related to urinary tract infection.
- Evans, Katherine. Prizer, Lindsay (2014) “Implementation of POLST in Long Term Care.” POLST Collaborative Annual Conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Evans, Katherine (2012). “Best Practices for After Hours Call in Long Term Care.” Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association National Conference. Las Vegas, NV.
- Abraham, Katherine – panelist (2011) “The Role of the Nurse in the Interdisciplinary Team” Emory University Interdisciplinary Education Day. Atlanta, GA.
- Abraham, Katherine – panelist (2011) “Transitions in Care Panel.” Sharing in the Caregiver Conference. Atlanta, GA
- Evans, K. (2014). “Reduction of Antibiotic Starts for Asymptomatic Bacteriuria in Skilled Nursing Facilities.” Presented at AMDA: The Society for Post Acute and Long Term Care Medicine. Nashville, TN.
- Evans, K. (2014). “Reduction of Antibiotic Starts for Asymptomatic Bacteriuria in Skilled Nursing Facilities.” Presented at The Georgia Chapter of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association. Atlanta, GA.
Dr. Evans current scholarly work is funded in collaboration with Optum Health.
Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
Georgia Medical Directors Association
American Medical Directors Association
- Atlanta Regional Geriatric Education Center
- Conference advisory 2011-present
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association:
- President -Georgia Chapter 2009-2011
- Continuing Education Conference Chair 2010-1011
- National Nominating Committee 2010-2012
- POLST collaborative representative 2012-present
- Georgia POLST
- National POLST representative –communications committee
- Education committee representative
- Conference planning committee representative
- Georgia Medical Directors Association 2006-2012
- Nurse Practitioner Board Liaison 2010-2012
Awards and Honors
- Georgia Chapter of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- Excellence in Clinical Practice Award 2014
- United Health Group Center for Nursing Advancement
- Sages of Clinical Services Award 2012
- Iowa John A.Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence
- Content Expert 2011- 2012
- Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
- Excellence In Clinical Practice Award 2010