Select a Program
2018-2019 Graduate School Application Information
Ready to Apply? The graduate school application for the 2018-2019 academic school year will be opening soon. Please complete this form to be notified when the official application opens in August.Notify Me
Graduate Certificate in Clinical Health Informatics
The Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics is an 18-21 credit hour program of study. This is an online program and is designed for experienced healthcare professionals or current students of the GSU Lewis schools graduate clinical programs in physical therapy, respiratory therapy, nutrition or occupational therapy. Students of this program are healthcare professionals who would like to transition into careers in health informatics.
Nursing graduate students are encouraged to apply to the Lewis School’s graduate Nursing Informatics program.
The program will consist of at least two courses per semester, and is one calendar year long (three semesters). Cohorts may be accepted each fall and spring semester.
Who is eligible to apply for this program?
- Graduates of B.I.S in Health Informatics program at GSU
- Healthcare professionals (i.e., clinicians and other professionals who have worked in clinical settings) with at least two years’ experience
- Current graduate students in the SNHP clinical programs (except for nursing)
Talk to an Adviser
Office of Academic Assistance
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
811 Urban Life Building
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone Number: (404) 413- 1000
- At least a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited-institution.
- Clinical healthcare experience
Courses in parentheses are the GSU version of the prerequisite courses. To view tentative equivalents at other institutions, please visit this link. All transfer credits must be verified by our Office of Academic Assistance.
- Introduction to Computer Information Systems (CIS 2010)
- Basic Medical Terminology (SNHP 2010)
- Elementary Statistics (MATH 1070)
- Anatomy and Physiology (BIOL 2210 and BIOL 2220)