Select a Program
Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies in Health InformaticsThe B.I.S. in Health Informatics with a concentration in Clinical Informatics curriculum is a five full-time semester course of study beyond the first two years of the undergraduate curriculum. Because of its professional nature, students must apply for and be formally admitted to the program. Prior to admission to the program, students must complete the core curriculum. Ranking for admission is competitive, based on academic record. Student selection is based on: overall grade point average, prerequisite GPA, consistency of academic performance, grade trends and interpersonal ability as evidenced in the written personal statement.
PrerequisitesStudents are admitted to the program upon completion of the freshman and sophomore level core courses (60 credit hours ) and required program prerequisites. Students are required to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and letter grade of C or higher in all program prerequisite courses. Fall Curriculum | Spring Curriculum Prerequisites Apply
Select a Program
2018-2019 Graduate School Application InformationReady to Apply? The graduate school application for the 2018-2019 academic school year will be opening soon. Please complete this form to be notified when the official application opens in August. Notify Me
Graduate Certificate in Clinical Health InformaticsThe Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics is an 18-21 credit hour program of study. This is an online program and is designed for experienced healthcare professionals or current students of the GSU Lewis schools graduate clinical programs in physical therapy, respiratory therapy, nutrition or occupational therapy. Students of this program are healthcare professionals who would like to transition into careers in health informatics. Nursing graduate students are encouraged to apply to the Lewis School’s graduate Nursing Informatics program. The program will consist of at least two courses per semester, and is one calendar year long (three semesters). Cohorts may be accepted each fall and spring semester. Who is eligible to apply for this program?
- Graduates of B.I.S in Health Informatics program at GSU
- Healthcare professionals (i.e., clinicians and other professionals who have worked in clinical settings) with at least two years’ experience
- Current graduate students in the SNHP clinical programs (except for nursing)
- At least a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited-institution.
- Clinical healthcare experience
- Introduction to Computer Information Systems (CIS 2010)
- Basic Medical Terminology (SNHP 2010)
- Elementary Statistics (MATH 1070)
- Anatomy and Physiology (BIOL 2210 and BIOL 2220)